The talk distance of the walkie-talkie in a flat, open and barrier-free environment can be up to 6 kilometers, but the transmission of radio waves will be affected by obstacles (such as buildings and trees); similarly, some external factors often weaken the signal of the call. The scope also changes accordingly. When there is network support, the talk distance of the walkie-talkie can reach tens of kilometers. The factors that affect the distance and effectiveness of the intercom are as follows:
1. System parameters:
1) The stronger the output power of the transmitter, the larger the coverage of the transmitted signal and the longer the communication distance. However, the transmission power should not be too large. If the transmission power is too large, it will not only consume power and affect the life of the power amplifier components, but also have strong interference, affect the call effect of others, and also cause radiation pollution. The radio regulatory agencies of various countries have clear regulations on the transmission power of communication equipment. 2) The higher the receiving sensitivity of the communication device, the longer the communication distance.
3) The gain of the antenna, when the antenna is matched with the machine, usually, the height of the antenna increases, and the receiving or transmitting ability increases. Antennas used in handheld walkie-talkies are generally helical antennas, whose bandwidth and gain are smaller than other types of antennas, and are more susceptible to human body influence.
2. Environmental factors:
Environmental factors mainly include paths, density of trees, environmental electromagnetic interference, buildings, weather conditions and terrain differences. These factors and other parameters directly affect the field strength and coverage of the signal.
3. Other influencing factors:
1) The battery power is low. When the battery power is low, the call quality will deteriorate. In severe cases, there will be noise, which affects normal calls.
2) Antenna matching, the frequency band of the antenna is inconsistent with the frequency band of the machine, and the antenna impedance is not matched, which will seriously affect the communication distance. For the user, pay attention to tightening the antenna when changing to the antenna. In addition, it is not allowed to use an antenna that is not provided by the manufacturer or an antenna that does not conform to the frequency of the machine.
3) The sound quality mainly depends on the pre-emphasis and de-emphasis circuits. At present, there are more advanced speech processing circuits “application of speech companding circuit and low-level expansion circuit”, which have a good effect on fidelity speech.
4) The factors that affect the distance and effectiveness of the intercom are also related to the season, and summer is better than winter.
Product on saleBaofeng DM-1701 7.4V 2200mAh Battery For DM-1701 Walkie Talkie Dual Band Dual Time Slot DMR Digital Ham Two Way Radio
Product on saleWalkie Talkie K-head Wireless Bluetooth Earphone PTT Adapter for Phone Kenwood Baofeng etc
Product on saleChannel Knob And Volume Knob for Motorola Radios GP338 HT750 HT1250 EP350 EP450 EX500 EX600 GP340 GP360 GP380
Product on saleNew Ear Rod Headphones 2 Pin Ear Bar Earpiece Mic PTT Mic Tactical Headset for Walkie Talkie Radio UV-5R BF-888S UV-82 UV-8D
Product on saleBaofeng UV-5R UV5R UV-5R UV-5RA UV-5RE F8+ Plus Two-way Radio Accessories Battery Lock Push Buttons$6.80 – $12.86
Product on saleAnytone QDM-01 Desktop Microphone For AT-5888UV Mobile Radio
Product on saleHytera PD785 PD785G PD782 PD782G PD780 Radio Housing Cover Case
Product on saleJingtong JT-5988 12W High Power UHF VHF Dual Display Professional FM Transceiver
Product on saleSet Mounting Bracket Holder with Screws for Mobile Car Radio QYT KT-8900D KT8900D KT-8900R KT-7900D KT-8900 Accessories