The talk distance of the walkie-talkie in a flat, open and barrier-free environment can be up to 6 kilometers, but the transmission of radio waves will be affected by obstacles (such as buildings and trees); similarly, some external factors often weaken the signal of the call. The scope also changes accordingly. When there is network support, the talk distance of the walkie-talkie can reach tens of kilometers. The factors that affect the distance and effectiveness of the intercom are as follows:
1. System parameters:
1) The stronger the output power of the transmitter, the larger the coverage of the transmitted signal and the longer the communication distance. However, the transmission power should not be too large. If the transmission power is too large, it will not only consume power and affect the life of the power amplifier components, but also have strong interference, affect the call effect of others, and also cause radiation pollution. The radio regulatory agencies of various countries have clear regulations on the transmission power of communication equipment. 2) The higher the receiving sensitivity of the communication device, the longer the communication distance.
3) The gain of the antenna, when the antenna is matched with the machine, usually, the height of the antenna increases, and the receiving or transmitting ability increases. Antennas used in handheld walkie-talkies are generally helical antennas, whose bandwidth and gain are smaller than other types of antennas, and are more susceptible to human body influence.
2. Environmental factors:
Environmental factors mainly include paths, density of trees, environmental electromagnetic interference, buildings, weather conditions and terrain differences. These factors and other parameters directly affect the field strength and coverage of the signal.
3. Other influencing factors:
1) The battery power is low. When the battery power is low, the call quality will deteriorate. In severe cases, there will be noise, which affects normal calls.
2) Antenna matching, the frequency band of the antenna is inconsistent with the frequency band of the machine, and the antenna impedance is not matched, which will seriously affect the communication distance. For the user, pay attention to tightening the antenna when changing to the antenna. In addition, it is not allowed to use an antenna that is not provided by the manufacturer or an antenna that does not conform to the frequency of the machine.
3) The sound quality mainly depends on the pre-emphasis and de-emphasis circuits. At present, there are more advanced speech processing circuits “application of speech companding circuit and low-level expansion circuit”, which have a good effect on fidelity speech.
4) The factors that affect the distance and effectiveness of the intercom are also related to the season, and summer is better than winter.
Baofeng DM-1701 7.4V 2200mAh Battery For DM-1701 Walkie Talkie Dual Band Dual Time Slot DMR Digital Ham Two Way RadioProduct on sale
Walkie Talkie K-head Wireless Bluetooth Earphone PTT Adapter for Phone Kenwood Baofeng etcProduct on sale
Earphone Converter Motorola DP2000 DP2400 DP2600 XPR3300 XPR3500 Audio AdapterProduct on sale
Baofeng UV-5R UV5R UV-5R UV-5RA UV-5RE F8+ Plus Two-way Radio Accessories Battery Lock Push ButtonsProduct on sale$6.80 – $12.86
TNC Dual Band 144/430Mhz Foldable Gooseneck Tactical Antenna For Walkie Talkie Kenwood TK-388 Harris AN/PRC-152 AN/PRC-148 MaranProduct on sale
Jingtong JT-5988 12W High Power UHF VHF Dual Display Professional FM TransceiverProduct on sale
Baofeng UV-5R BL-5L 7.4V 3800mAh Li-ion High Capacity Battery For Baofeng Walkie Talkie UV-5R Series Two Way RadioProduct on sale
Kydera 880UV DIGITAL DMR Two way Radio DR-880UV Dual Band UHF VHF Walkie TalkieProduct on sale$169.00 – $179.00
Leixen UV-25D 20W High Power Walkie Talkie Dual PTT Dual Band Amateur Radio with Scrambler CTCSS/DCS Repeater Function Ham RadioProduct on sale